Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Spinach and Sausage Pasta

Well, here's another recipe.  This one was definitely a winner.  I had only done a pasta with ground sausage this time I used a long link and cut slices.  Also, since the last two recipes were rather creamy and fattening, I wanted something a little bit different.  It does have a slight creamy taste to it because of the cheese added at the end.  

Ingredients:
8 oz. smoked sausage
1 medium onion
14.5 oz canned tomato with green chiles
2 cups chicken broth
8 oz pasta (I used something that is fun, not the every day penne)
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese



Directions:
1. Thinly slice sausage and brown in a medium saucepan with olive oil, will take around 7-10 minutes.  
2. Add onion to the pan and continue to saute.  Once softened, add the tomatoes and chicken broth.  
3. Mix in the pasta, completely submerging below the liquid.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. 
4. In portions mix in the spinach, the pan is not big enough to do all at once.  Once spinach is shrunken, add cheese to the top and allow it to melt completely. 



Yields: 4 servings

xoxo
em

No comments:

Post a Comment